[Openstack] Networking with Nova

othmane douiriothmane at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 15:31:03 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Im newbie to openstack, my question is: when I create an instance via nova,
can I specify which network the instance should e attached to? For example,
suppose that I have three VM in a compute node each of them is attached to a
network 1,2,3, I want to add the fourth one and specify that this VM should
be attached in network 2. How can I do that?

I have another question about understanding Openstack: what is the
difference between the compute node and the openstack controller in the case
of Nova? According to my understanding, the compute node is the physical or
virtual machine where the virtual servers are running, right?

Thinks a lot, any help would be appreciated.