[Openstack] Quantum /Neutron

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Mon Jul 8 07:32:02 UTC 2013

>Imagining that nova creates that new instance in a different compute node,
> how quantum/neutron deal's with connectivity?

Not sure what you are asking exactly.
How connectivity between machines technically work depend on the configuration.
e.g. you can setup Neutron to use/configure vlan's on the physical network or use GRE tunnels.
Usually you can define a network within OpenStack and Neutron will handle setting up up the required components.

> I am reading a lot about Quantum /Neutron and i know that probably
> I need to use a load balancer like Atlas-LB, etc...
Load-balancers are only needed when you scale out one application for regular communication between machines you won't need it.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen