[Openstack] Migrate volume from Essex to Folsom

pablo fernandez fernandezpablo85 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 21:24:44 UTC 2013

Hi list!

I'm working on a company that has 2 openstack clouds, an essex installation
and a folsom one. I'm trying to migrate a netApp volume from one to the
other, checking the required fields in the database to copy the metadata.
Obviously both volumes would be detached.

Any advice on this? Has somebody already tried it (and hopefully
succeeded). It's really important for us in order to upgrade our openstack
version, you'll understand it's impossible for us to do a "flip-the-switch"
migration.

Thanks a lot.

Pablo