[Openstack] Openstack installation on multiple host belongs to different network

Lei Zhang redheadflyundershadow at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 10:17:25 UTC 2013

Hi, Stacker

    We would like to install openstack on our several spare computers, when
all of them are in the same network, it works well. But when we try to
install openstack on hosts in different network, the VM in compute node,
which is in different network from controller node, can't be accessed.

    To be specific, assume we have two hosts, controller(10.0.0.1) and
compute-node(10.0.10.1), has different network. The VM in 10.0.10.1 can not
be accessed.

    In 10.0.10.1, we only install nova-compute, nova-network, and use
mysql, rabbitmq, etc in controller(10.0.0.1)

    My question is:
    Is there some installation guide for this case, or some of you have
experiences on this?

Regards
Lei