[Openstack] swift with devstack options

Stephen Wood smwood4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 16:51:45 UTC 2013

I'm currently using Swift in a 5 zone, 120 disk cluster. Though I didn't
deploy with devstack, there should be no reason you can't use the
swift-ring-builder to create a completely new ring with whatever zone and
disks you'd like. In fact, you don't need any of the openstack services but
swift to run a swift cluster, but it is nice to use keystone for auth.

For more information on how to use swift-ring-builder, you can look at the
docs here: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/admin_guide.html

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Remo Mattei <remo at mattei.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I wanted to test and extend a more option on swift with devstack. By
> default it comes with one replica an one drive (loop) is there anyone that
> has taken this to more drives? like 4 or 5 and the zone can be different
> since by default the zone is all in zone 1.
>
> Any suggestions are welcomed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Remo

Stephen Wood