[Openstack] Grizzly cinder error while creating volume

raghavendra.lad at accenture.com raghavendra.lad at accenture.com
Wed Jul 31 13:29:39 UTC 2013

Hi Openers,

I am getting the below error in Cinder while creating volume in openstack Grizzly version Ubuntu 12.04

Error in cd /var/log/cinder/  cinder log

[cid:image001.png at 01CE8DFC.B1490230]

[cid:image002.png at 01CE8E20.0EBF9FA0]

The config files

/etc/cinder/api-paste.ini

[filter:authtoken]
paste.filter_factory = keystoneclient.middleware.auth_token:filter_factory
service_protocol = http
service_host = 10.1.168.103
service_port = 5000
auth_host = 192.168.22.2
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
admin_tenant_name = service
admin_user = cinder
admin_password = service_pass
signing_dir = /var/lib/cinder

vi /etc/cinder/cinder.conf

[DEFAULT]
rootwrap_config = /etc/cinder/rootwrap.conf
sql_connection = mysql://cinderUser:cinderPass@192.168.22.2/cinder
api_paste_confg = /etc/cinder/api-paste.ini
iscsi_helper = ietadm
volume_name_template = volume-%s
volume_group = cinder-volumes
verbose = True
auth_strategy = keystone
iscsi_ip_address=192.168.22.2
state_path = /var/lib/cinder
lock_path = /var/lock/cinder
volumes_dir = /var/lib/cinder/volumes

dd if=/dev/zero of=cinder-volumes bs=1 count=0 seek=2G
losetup /dev/loop2 cinder-volumes
fdisk /dev/loop2
#Type in the followings:

1
ENTER
ENTER
8e

pvcreate /dev/loop2
vgcreate cinder-volumes /dev/loop2

sudo vim /etc/init/losetup.conf

start on mounted MOUNTPOINT=/
task
exec /sbin/losetup /dev/loop0 /var/lib/cinder/cinder-volumes

nano /etc/rc.local

losetup /dev/loop2 /var/lib/cinder/cinder-volumes

NOTE: Sometimes I can see the Cinder creating volume many times it doesn't.

Please let me know what's is going wrong?

Regards,
Raghavendra Lad

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com