[Openstack] Borrow a Swift Implementation

Chuck Thier cthier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 16:06:06 UTC 2013

Hey Kyle,

I actually work at Rackspace, and a Openstack Swift contributor.  I've been
a bit fan of IPython for quite a while, and really like the idea of having
IPython notebooks backed with swift.  I've added it to my ever increasing
list of things to take a look at :)

I haven't done a lot of work with pyrax yet, but it is mostly a convenience
wrapper around python-swiftclient, so if you want to make it more generic,
that might be worth looking at.

If you are so inclined, we have instructions for setting dev instance of
swift on a vm [1].  This would allow you to test it yourself.  Most of the
devs also hang out on #openstack-swift on freenode if you have questions.

Chuck

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/development_saio.html