[Openstack] Share your localrc file for devstack

Roman Podolyaka rpodolyaka at mirantis.com
Mon Jul 29 13:28:02 UTC 2013

Hello Jake,

If you are going to use Neutron for networking, Devstack uses the following
configuration by default:
  - OpenVSwitch Neutron plugin is used for tenant L2-networking (tenant
network type is 'local' by default, so you can only connect VMs running on
a single node)
  - two bridges are created: br-int (for connection of VMs running on this
node) and br-ex (to provide access to the external network)

No additional configuration is needed to deploy Devstack with Neutron
enabled. After that you should be able to run VMs, create tenant networks,
Neutron routers, etc.

Could you please elaborate more on the problem that you have?

Thanks,
Roman