[Openstack] nova ceph integration

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wolfgang.hennerbichler at risc-software.at
Thu Jan 31 06:40:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. My question is: can I integrate ceph into openstack's nova & cinder in a way, that I don't need /var/lib/nova/instances anymore? I'd like to have EVERYTHING in ceph, starting from glance images to nova-disk-images and volumes (cinder). And more important: Can this be done in a way so that my horizon-users can still use horizon (including snapshotting) without the need of abusing the command-line? :)
I've read that cinder and glance are supported, but I didn't find much information on nova-disk-images and ceph.

thanks for a reply
wolfgang