[Openstack] Intrusion detection

Hassan EL ALLOUSSI halloussi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:44:25 UTC 2013

Hello,
Thank u for the answer.
My request is for a PHD research. We want to prepare a state of the art,
what is done now and after proposing a solution.
When you say many possible choises : can you plz give me some solution
tested and proved as efficient on Openstack?
To propose a solution, what could you recommand me (depending on yr
experience)?
Thank u in advance

2013/1/29 Juergen Brendel <juergen at brendel.com>

> Hello!
>
> OpenStack doesn't have a specific IDS built in, if that's what you are
> asking.
>
> Instead, you could deploy a host based or network based IDS yourself.
> Depending on your network environment, and what sort of thing you wish
> to burden your servers with, there are many possible choices.
>
> Do you have a specific thread scenario in mind? For example, do you
> suspect someone within your network/enterprise to attempt to access a
> system they shouldn't? Or is your OpenStack cluster exposed to the
> outside world?
>
> Or - a very different scenario - do you wish to offer IDS services to
> your tenants?
>
> Juergen
>

> On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 17:39 +0000, Hassan EL ALLOUSSI wrote:
> > Hi Mr Razique,
> > Rather what does openstack provide for itself?
> > If there is no solution implemented by default by openstack, what are
> > the solution that could be installed in openstack?
> > Thank u in advance
> >
> > 2013/1/29 Razique Mahroua <razique.mahroua at gmail.com>
> >         Hey Hassan,
> >         what do you mean exactly by that?
> >         Are there any company who deployed and IDS on it, or does
> >         OpenStack provide IDS for itself?
> >

> >         Regards,
> >         Razique Mahroua - Nuage & Co
> >         razique.mahroua at gmail.com
> >         Tel : +33 9 72 37 94 15
> >

> >         Le 29 janv. 2013 à 18:05, Hassan EL ALLOUSSI
> >         <halloussi at gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> >         > Hi everybody,
> >         > Is there an Intrusion Detection System used by Openstack?
> >         > Please help.
> >         > Best regards
> >         > Post to     : openstack at lists.launchpad.net
> >         > More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp