[Openstack] [Swift] Administration Interfaces/Tools for Swift

Florian Hines florian.hines at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 18:48:01 UTC 2013

Theres actually 2 diamond plugin's for swift now. I added the one we use internally at Rackspace a week or two ago https://github.com/BrightcoveOS/Diamond/wiki/collectors-OpenstackSwiftReconCollector . In addition to these and Zenoss theres also been nagios and collectd plugins floating around.

At least in our deployments Swifts built in statsd metrics become a bit overwhelming (both in volume of metrics and what metrics are actually being reported). This is probably just a side effect of the size of our clusters. We ended up sticking with our original statsd/metric setup (a combo of some proxy middleware, and translating a bunch of Swift's syslog lines to statsd events).

--
Florian Hines | @pandemicsyn
http://about.me/pandemicsyn