[Openstack] What scheduler should be used while using availability_zones

Balamurugan V G balamuruganvg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 06:52:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have two compute nodes in my setup each one is separate zones. I am using
the following setting in the nova.conf.

 scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler

But when I launch instance and specify a zone, i still see that some times
it creates the instance in the wrong zone. Could this be due to the
scheduler? What scheduler should I use for this?

I want a deterministic way to create instances in specific zones.

Thanks,
Balu