[Openstack] Poll: "H" release cycle naming

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 17:15:25 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 10:13 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> It's that time of the year again...
>
> As is the tradition, we'd like the help of the community to help select
> the code name of the next release cycle of OpenStack.
>
> The Technical Committee narrowed the list of valid candidates to 4
> names, and we'd like you to pick the one you prefer.
>
> So what will it be ? Hood, Havana, Harbor or Hatfield ?
>
> Please head to:
> https://launchpad.net/~openstack/+poll/h-release-naming
>
> to let us know what you prefer !
> Poll ends Tuesday, January 29, 20:00 UTC.
>
> Note that you need to be a member of the ~openstack group in Launchpad
> to be able to vote, but all people on this list already are.

I think we have overlooked the most obvious answer:

Hillsboro:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsboro,_Oregon

This is the Portland tech hub.

Most of the Portland people at the conference probably work in Hillsboro.

I'm not trying to ramrod it through as the solution, but it should at
least be one of the options.
Why was it ruled out?