[Openstack] Folsom with Quantum on RHEL6.3

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 06:22:48 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 12:02 AM, mohammad kashif wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a running Essex OpenStack cluster on Ubuntu with multi host
> network set up. Floating IP etc is working. I am planning to install
> same kind  of setup with  Folsom on RHEL 6.3 and quantum. I have some
> questions
>
> Most of the documents are mentioning quantum server with other nova
> services and a separate network server running dhcp agent and L2/L3
> agents. Considering that I have a decent server, is it OK to merge all
> the services except compute node on same machine?

There are a number of different deployment options. The ideal setup
would be something like:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/connectivity.html

> If I want to support floating IP, do I have to install L3 agent on
> controller/network node?

I would suggest having this on a network node. At the moment there is
not support to run multiple L3 agents on compute nodes. We are currently
working on a solution for this. Please note that there is no multi host
support for Quantum at the moment.

> Is it necessary to have a separate data and management network ? I am
> not expecting a lot of data crossing the network initially.

This is totally up to you. I would suggest having two different networks.

> I am planning to use RHEL6.3, any thought about it.

RHEL6.3 could be supported by EPEL or through the preview at
redhat.com/openstack