[Openstack] Wikipedia page

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:07:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>wrote:

> On 01/07/2013 12:28 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
>
>> I can lead this task. Please join me on IRC #openstack-community (I'm
>> reed) to coordinate efforts.
>>

> I gave a first pass at improving the page. It looks better, it now has
> links, references and is more up to date. Please have a look at it and keep
> improving it:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**OpenStack<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStack>
>
> Also, please keep updating also the pages in other languages.

In the opening paragraphs:

"companies" currently links directly to
http://www.openstack.org/foundation/companies/ , I think
the encyclopedic norm would be for that link to be in a ref on "more than
150 companies".

"portable software" could link to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_portability

"SUSE Linux" should likely just be SUSE and link to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SUSE

The strength of the article is also very dependent on the quality of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing and specifically
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IaaS#Infrastructure_as_a_service_.28IaaS.29
which are not particularly strong, and likely contain "original research."
Possibly, we could rally to improve these as well.

Hope that helps,
--
@lloyddewolf
http://www.pistoncloud.com/