[Openstack] Nova compute for ESXi

Balamurugan V G balamuruganvg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:00:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

 I am trying to add a ESXi compute node to the stack. So I have a Ubuntu VM
inside the ESXi which I plan to use as the compute node for the ESXi. So on
this Ubuntu VM, I need to install nova-compute. Since there are various
flavors of nova-compute, I assume that I should be installing just the
'nova-compute' from the list below:

root at openstack-esxi:~# apt-cache search nova-compute
nova-compute - OpenStack Compute - compute node
nova-compute-kvm - OpenStack Compute - compute node (KVM)
nova-compute-lxc - OpenStack Compute - compute node (LXC)
nova-compute-qemu - OpenStack Compute - compute node (QEmu)
nova-compute-uml - OpenStack Compute - compute node (UserModeLinux)
nova-compute-xcp - OpenStack Compute - compute node (XCP)
nova-compute-xen - OpenStack Compute - compute node (Xen)
nova-xcp-plugins - OpenStack Compute plugin for the Xen Cloud Platform
root at openstack-esxi:~#

Is my assumption right?

Thanks,
Balu