[Openstack] [Openstack-dev]Where is libvirt library packages in Openstack Nova branch

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:13:57 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> The nova driver for talking to libvirt is in nova/virt/libvirt/

Yup, i think so. Therefore, i also think nova driver in nova/virt/libvirt
has some relationships with libvirt code itself, right? Nova driver
send parameters to libvirt client(in Nova branch), then libvirt client
send these parameters to libvirt serever(libvirt code itself). How do
they(libvirt client and libvirt server) communicate with each other
in details? I wonder if they(libvirt client and libvirt server) are a whole
one in libvirt code itself. And Openstack just call libvirt client interfaces,
which Openstack just package libvirt code itself to be a library for calling.
Daniel, do you understand my meanings? Do you agree with me?

> The libvirt code itself is not part of openstack, and available from
> our website http://libvirt.org
Of course, Libvirt and Openstack are two independent and wonderful projects,
i love them very much ;-)

--
Thanks
Harry Wei