[Openstack] Progress on wiki migration to Mediawiki

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Jan 18 18:31:30 UTC 2013

Hi all,
We did not flip the switch to Mediawiki 12/21 so we could take more time to
get the landing page right and improve the macros. As it turns out, there
are some CLA infrastructure updates that will correspond nicely with a new
timeline. There are three tasks outstanding with assignees:
- Make an OpenStack skin to match other openstack.org sites (Matthew
Wagoner, olaph) This is not optimized for mobile but we'll prioritize that
task later.
- Make the landing page mo' better. (Thierry Carrez, ttx) While we won't be
able to have the migration make the columns on all the pages lovely, he can
make the first page beautious again.
- Handle redirects gracefully. (Ryan_Lane)

Once these three tasks are done and the CLA infrastructure work is
complete, we'll revise the timeline. MoinMoin has been updated to take care
of a security vulnerability, so we are still safely wiki-ing.

At next week's CI meeting, we'll schedule a cutover date and pick a date
for a cleanup sprint. No macro changes at this point for various good
reasons -- just manual cleanup.

Greetings from wikistan,
Anne, Ryan, Thierry, and the CI team