[Openstack] [openstack-community] Calling all user group and meetup organizers

Bruce Lok brucelok at cyberport.hk
Tue Jan 15 02:12:14 UTC 2013

Hi,
I am sorry that I may not able to join the meeting but the Hong Kong OpenStack User Group and Hong Kong Cyberport will be updating you any information if necessary.

May I have a bit comment on the following agenda:

Can the Foundation start working with some Universities for meeting space, sponsorship, and student participation? Is the Foundation interested in Phd thesis sponsorship
I strongly agree on this point, since there is getting more university students and researchers who starts to explore the open source cloud softwares as most commercial cloud softwares/services on market are really expensive for them to get start.   Also, university students and researchers are usually more sincere to explore the open source software because it is free and cloud computing is quite new for them.  And this is a good starting point to educate them to contribute to open source stuffs rather than just using it as freeware.

Should there be an OpenStack user group and/or meetup approval process? How do we clean up user groups and meetups that are abandoned?
I think there must be have an official central coordinator to manage all the user groups.

Thank you for the attention, and wish you all the best in year 2013.

Regards,
Bruce Lok
Coordinator of HKOSUG
Engineer | Technology Centre