[Openstack] Dashboard/horizon PRODUCTION bug

Sina Sadeghi sina at aptira.com
Thu Jan 10 03:53:50 UTC 2013

I just upgraded the openstack-dashboard we are using to the latest
version provided by Ubuntu Cloud Archive. There were multiple bugs
causing "Internal Server Error" which I hadto patch manually to rectify,
I couldn't see anyone reporting the same errors after a brief google search.

Can someone examine the patch provided and please confirm whether they
have this issue or not? I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with Folsom installed
using the Ubuntu Cloud Archive.

# dpkg -l | grep -e 'openstack\|horizon'
ii  openstack-dashboard 2012.2-0ubuntu2~cloud0       django web
interface to Openstack
ii  openstack-dashboard-ubuntu-theme 2012.2-0ubuntu2~cloud0       Ubuntu
theme for the Openstack dashboard
ii  python-django-horizon 2012.2-0ubuntu2~cloud0       Django module
providing web based interaction with OpenStack
ii  python-django-openstack 2012.2-0ubuntu2~cloud0       dummy
transitonal package from python-django-openstack to python-django-horizon
ii  python-openstack-auth 1.0.1-0ubuntu6~cloud0        A django
authentication backend for Openstack

I have attached the main patch I had to apply to get dashboard working
again, but I also had to patch:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/horizon/dashboards/settings/project/views.py
to change "from horizon.api import keystone" to "from horizon.api import
keystoneclient" as well. If this is an actual bug I'm happy to file and
supply the patch as appropriate.

*Sina Sadeghi*
Lead Cloud Engineer

*Aptira Pty Ltd*