[Openstack] [Openstack-operators] A concept feature named 'scheduling live migration'

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Tue Jan 8 12:30:45 UTC 2013

The idea I like is to unify the migrate and live-migrate APIs. Currently the migrate is scheduled and live-migrate is direct to the host.

A single migrate call could be scheduled by default, accepting hints for a specific host or zone, with the option to be live or not-live and with or without block migration.

While resize is very related to migrate, it seems best to keep the more user focused operation separate, but ensuring you can do the scheduler hint would seem reasonable.

Does anyone have any plans to start work on this?

John