[Openstack] Nova (compute) and syslog

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Mon Jan 7 11:38:34 UTC 2013

The other issue seems to be that the log-facility is not honoured properly:
My messages mostly end up in /var/log/messages instead of the file that is specified using the log_facility.
Some messages do get in there so it does not seem to be related to the syslog(-ng) config.
Also, if I filter based on message content e.g. nova.compute it works fine.

A small other thing that threw me off-track: the initscript on the EPEL release:
It has a hardcoded --logfile so it will always also log to file  (which why I assumed it was not working at all)

Cheers,
Robert