[Openstack] dashboard very slow + "nova list" very slow

Jian Hua Geng gengjh at cn.ibm.com
Sun Jan 6 01:14:42 UTC 2013

I encountered similar issue before. The root cause is there are some
problems in my DNS server, after I remove the unnecessary server in
resolv.conf and clean my etc/hosts, it was fixed.
Maybe you can try it.

Best regard,
David Geng

             Afef MDHAFFAR
             <afef.mdhaffar at gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  openstack at lists.launchpad.net,
             openstack-bounces                                          cc
             +gengjh=cn.ibm.co
             m at lists.launchpad                                     Subject
             .net                      [Openstack] dashboard very slow +
                                       "nova list" very slow

             01/06/2013 05:29
             AM

Hi all,

My openstack dashboard is very slow. I could only reach the login page, and
nothing happens after.
It is quite slow, and I am not able to show the list of my instances.
Moreover, the "nova list" command is very slow and does not print any
output.
It seems that I have to clean something, but I don't know what.
I tried to clean the rabbit queues. Unfortunately, this does not solve the
problem.
I use openstack folsom release + XCP + ubuntu 12.04.
Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you,
Afef