[Openstack] Potential filter scheduler enhancement

Joseph Suh jsuh at isi.edu
Thu Jan 3 18:48:59 UTC 2013

Phil,

I agree with the suggestion. We wanted to instantiate a set of VMs whose hosts are located close each other. The current scheduler could not handle this use case since it needed to return "optimal" set of hosts at the same time. The first "optimal" host returned by the current scheduler may not be a part of the set of "optimal" hosts. We worked on the scheduler a little (in draft mode), and if you are interested in it, please let me know.

Thanks,

Joseph