[Openstack] Rebooted, now can't ping my guest

Chuan-Heng Hsiao hsiao.chuanheng at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 06:02:19 UTC 2013

Hi Aaron,

I am very sorry that I made the conclusion too early because of not
having good understanding
of everything, and it is with high probability that I may made wrong conclusion.

However, based on my hypothesis (and my few experiments.)
The gateway setting is supposed to be corresponded to the ip
connecting to the outer internet,
and it is 7.7.7.x and is bundled with br-ex.

By setting default gateway to 192.168.0.254 (which does not even
exit), and bundled with eth0,
I saw that (by netstat -r) the default gateway is set to 192.168.0.254
and can't pass to the outer internet
correctly.

Or maybe it is not the real issue (and doesn't matter how the gateway is set).
Maybe the real issue was that I can do pings, but I can't do ssh -i to the VMs,
and it was because I did not set

route add -net 10.10.10.0/24 gw $router_proj_one_IP

to the controller, and the VMs can't access the metadata from
192.168.0.1 or $router_proj_one_IP.
(because the controller's IP is not with the VMs IP)

Sincerely,
Hsiao