[Openstack] Huge memory consumption of qpid server

Yufang Zhang yufang521247 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 06:22:18 UTC 2013

2013/2/26 Victor Palma <palma.victor at gmail.com>

> Can you provide more context around your start up commands? What is your
> xms set you, how much memory have you allocated? What is your buffer size
> on the broker and client?

Sorry. I have limited knowledge about qpid. I just install qpid server via
yum and start qpid server service. Could you please point out how could I
get these configs, so that I can paste them in the mail list?

> Additionally what makes you think it's consuming so much memory?

In my deployment, I just leave 2G memory for host, all the the left memory
are given to instances. So 400M memory for qpid server is a bit dangerous.
I have to restart qpid server every week to protect OOM. And I find that
memory consumation of qpid server in openstack depends on node number, thus
it would be a serious problem as more nodes are added into cluster.