[Openstack] Announcing "superglance" (convenience wrapper for glanceclient)

Richard Goodwin richard.goodwin at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Feb 26 00:50:02 UTC 2013

Most of you are probably already pretty familiar with Major Hayden's "supernova" utility, which is indispensable for working with even moderately complex Nova deployments.   As I spend most of my days with Glance here @ Rackspace, I felt quite envious of these productive Nova folk,  and decided to forge ahead and make "superglance".

Code can be found here: https://github.com/rtgoodwin/superglance

It is heavily and thankfully based on "supernova", so should be pretty easy to work with out of the box (and thanks to the excellent docs I borrowed from Major, with his blessings!). Clone it, install it, setup your config file, and if you're into the whole brevity thing, maybe alias it to "sg".

Enjoy my little contribution to the community; it's a small thing, but I use it probably 40 times a day and couldn't imagine going a day without it!

Richard Goodwin
Product Manager: Imaging/Glance
Ideation | Intellection | Activator | Relator | Responsibility
Phone: (512) 788 5403 – Cell: (512) 736-7897 (Austin)
Skype: rtgoodwin<file:///callto/::rtgoodwin> - Yahoo: richardtgoodwin<file:///ymsgr/sendim%3Frichardtgoodwin>
AIM: dellovision - IRC: goody / rgoodwin