[Openstack] Cant ping private or floating IP

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Thu Feb 21 08:33:00 UTC 2013

Le 20/02/2013 23:04, Chathura M. Sarathchandra Magurawalage a écrit :
> Thanks.
>
>     I would be more concerned about the SIOCDELRT error above. Do you
>     try to manually remove a network route at bootup ? Seems like the
>     'route del' is failing because the route is not already existing.
>
> I am not doing doing anything that I am aware of.
>

>     As already said, you absolutely need VNC support for
>     investigating. Could you please fix your VNC setup which is
>     incorrect ?
>

> But VNC works fine. Its just that it VM hangs on the boot up it wont
> come to the log in prompt, I can't log into it.  :(

Ahuh. Sorry for bugging you, I haven't understand : is your VM failing
to boot up ?
Which distro is your VM based on ?

 From my POV, your console.log is fine : your VM is booting, getting
DHCP lease, trying to contact metadata server, failing to contact it,
and that's it. You should get a prompt when logging in thru VNC.

Please clarify : either the VM is failing to boot up properly (and then
try to find a small and cloud-out-of-the-box distro like CirrOS for
testing, or try with runlevel 3 or interactive startup), or your VM is
properly started without network connectivity (and then you have to
login and try more diagnostic tools like ping/tcpdump).

Thanks,
-Sylvain