[Openstack] Wading through nova.conf options

Samuel Winchenbach swinchen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 01:20:48 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to get a better grasp on which nova.conf options are needed for
a given setup.   I have found this list:
http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/openstack-compute/admin/content/list-of-compute-config-options.htmlbut
it doesn't really answer what is needed and when.  For example if I am
using quantum to do the network management by setting network_api_class, I
imagine that has a profound impact on which variables are required from
table "Table 5.15. Description of nova.conf file configuration options for
networking options"
.  Also, if I am using cinder does that render the variables related for
nova-volume obsolete?

I have noticed that many of the other services have "Developer
Documentation" such as this page for keystone:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/configuration.html
 has many of the options listed, what values are expected, etc.

Does nova have any such documentation?

Thanks,

Sam