[Openstack] [Quantum/OVS] Br-int not responsive after network node reboot

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Tue Feb 19 21:16:11 UTC 2013

Le 19/02/2013 13:31, Gary Kotton a écrit :

> The problem is as follows:
> When you reboot the host the openvswitch will create the interfaces on
> restart. this causes problems with the dhcp and the l3 agents.
> the solution to this is to run the quantum-ovs-cleanup utility on
> reboot prior to the dhcp and the l3 agents.
>
> thanks
> Gary

Hi Gary,
As I was stresstesting Quantum, I did noticed that the issue is similar
on my compute node : instances are unable to get DHCP address.

A quick look at network level shows that there is no GRE encapsulation
over DHCP packets.
I tried removing/adding br-int/br-tun, but the virtual network
interfaces (qvo) don't bridge to br-int if the VM was previously launched.
Spawning a new VM is successful, but rebooting (either by virsh
destroy/start, or thru Horizon) doesn't allow the qvo interface to be
attached again. A restart of nova-compute doesn't do the trick either.

Any idea ?
Thanks,
-Sylvain