[Openstack] question regarding nova-compute

Aru s arumon82 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 06:20:51 UTC 2013

Hi Tam,

I am new to openstack. i have setup a two node openstack setup in my lab. I
have some questions on the networking part which mentioned below. Please
help.

I am using ubuntu server 12.10.
I am using the "flatmanager" option, as both of my nodes have only single
nic.
first node is running all the services except the nova compute.
only nova compute is running on the second node.
I have cretated br100 on both the nodes and bridged to em1.
I have one DHCP running external on the same network.
All went good.

The problem i can see is my VM's are getting ip from the external DHCP
server, but the Horizon UI is showing different ip. please let me know if
anymore info required.

Regards,
Arumon