[Openstack] Cant ping private or floating IP

Chathura M. Sarathchandra Magurawalage 77.chathura at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:24:12 UTC 2013

Hello Guys,

Not sure if this is the right port but these are the results:

*Compute node:*

root at computenode:~# netstat -an | grep 8775
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8775            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

*Controller: *

root at controller:~# netstat -an | grep 8775
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8775            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

*Additionally I cant curl 169.254.169.254 from the compute node. I am not
sure if this is related to not being able to PING the VM.*

curl -v http://169.254.169.254
* About to connect() to 169.254.169.254 port 80 (#0)
*   Trying 169.254.169.254...

Thanks for your help

Chathura Madhusanka Sarathchandra Magurawalage.
1NW.2.1, Desk 2
School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
University Of Essex
United Kingdom.

Email: csarata at essex.ac.uk
          chathura.sarathchandra at gmail.com <77.chathura at gmail.com>