[Openstack] Hardcoding of requests in client

Sascha Peilicke saschpe at suse.de
Thu Feb 7 08:04:00 UTC 2013

Am 06.02.2013 17:29, schrieb Dean Troyer:
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Chuck Short <chuck.short at canonical.com> wrote:
>> So during our regular package builds we been noticing a lot of failures due
>> to requests being hardcoded to <1.0. An example of this is the following
>> (for glance) can be found at:
>>
>> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1616835/
>>
>> This is due to python-keystoneclient having a hard dependency of requests
>>> =0.8.8,<1.0. I would like to propose that we update the dependencies for
>> the clients to at least >=1.0. Most Linux distros for example, Ubuntu,  are
>> using requests 1.1.  Making glance and python-keystoneclient not intsallable
>> on the same system on raring.
>
> Go for it, but you'll have to do all of the clients at the same time,
> which is the reason for the pinning.  Lovely incompatible lib
> dependency changes in one project have that nice domino effect...
>
> dt

Actually, I already filed several reviews for that:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20479/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20119/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20127/

Feel free to add some weight to the open ones. I wanted to get some
feedback before adding reviews to the missing components
(glance,ceilometer).
--
With kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke