[Openstack] (no subject)

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Sat Feb 2 16:49:26 UTC 2013

Xiazhihui (Hashui, IT) wrote:
> 1.I want to know if grizzly-3 is the last of Grizzly? Will it have a
> grizzly-4?

No there won't be another milestone. The release schedule appears at:
http://wiki.openstack.org/GrizzlyReleaseSchedule

The release cycle is explained at:
http://wiki.openstack.org/ReleaseCycle

The developer section of this page contains a few other useful pointers:
http://wiki.openstack.org/HowToContribute

> 2.I hava a cinder driver, if I want to commit it in grizzly-3. What's
> the deadline of the codes committing? Should the code be approved by PTL
> before 2013-02-21 ?

The proposed change needs to be merged before the end of the day on
February 19 (when we branch for grizzly-3 delivery). That means
gathering necessary code review approvals before then. This can take
time, so code should be submitted asap.

> 3.Grizzly will public in April 2013, can I commit my blueprint codes
> from 2013-02-21 to April 2013?

No, Feb 19 is Feature Freeze, so if you don' tmake it by then, your
feature will be part of the next release (Havana) instead.

Engaging early with the developer community (and the project PTL) is the
key to success. Ideally features would be presented to the design summit
and implemented in the months after, to be integrated in the release at
the end of the 6-month cycle.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)