[Openstack] [keystone] Why are we returing such a big payload in validate token?

Ali, Haneef haneef.ali at hp.com
Fri Feb 1 00:44:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

As of now  v3  validateToken response has "tokens, service catalog, users, project , roles and  domains.  (i.e)  Except for groups we are returning everything.  We also discussed about the possibility of 100s of endpoints.  ValidateToken is supposed to be a high frequency call .    This is going to be a huge performance impact . What is the use case  for such a big payload  when compared with v2?

If a service needs catalog , then the service can always ask for the catalog.

Thanks
Haneef