[Openstack] Grizzly -> Havana nova DB migration failure

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Mon Dec 30 16:48:26 UTC 2013

It seems I'm reading the error wrong, the problem is that there is
already an index using the same name & MySQL won't also use that name
for a constraint.  If I remove the index the constraint can be
created, but then I'm loosing the index and diverging from the norm
which seems likely to ensure trouble in the future.  So far I've hit
uniq_task_log0task_name0host0period_beginning0period_ending on
task_log, uniq_instance_types0name0deleted and uniq_flavorid_x_deleted
on instance_types.

The other recurring issue seems to be attempting  to drop indexes that
don't exist (so far
uniq_task_name_x_host_x_period_beginning_x_period_ending on task_log,
uniq_name_x_deleted  on instance_types, and uniq_flavorid_x_deleted
on instance_types) if I create these indexes so they can be dropped
the migration continues (to the next error).

and I keep uncovering similar errors every step I take, so I'm a bit
worried at this point

-Jon