[Openstack] VlanManager on single-host OpenStack can NOT work

starlight starlight at snow.plala.or.jp
Mon Dec 30 03:50:04 UTC 2013

Hi Experts,

I need your help on this. VlanManager on single-host OpenStack can NOT work.
The test bed I use is as below.

OpenStack release: grizzly
OS: Cent OS 6.4
Type of network: VlanManager (nova-network)
Host condition: single-host (NOT multi-host)

I am trying to build VlanManager environment with OpenStack grizzly on Cent
OS 6.4, but it doesn't work. VM creation failed.
I am using all-in-one architecture (single-host). FlatDHCPManager
successfully worked on the host.

I am assuming that I came across a bug/defect that VlanManager can't work
with single-host environment.
I'd like OpenStack team to examine and determine if there is such a bug
related to VlanManger on single-host environment.

Thank you very much in advance,
Bird Kafka