[Openstack] CentOS Network Create problem

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Fri Dec 27 18:12:09 UTC 2013

 Hi people!

 I am following the exact steps of the "Openstack Installation Guide"
 for Havana on a CentOS 6.5

 The problem is that when I try create the network on the controller
 node using this :

 nova --debug network-create vmnet --fixed-range-v4=x.x.x.x/32
 --bridge-interface=br100 --multi-host=T

 I get an error that the br100 interface cannot be found.

 So, my question is the following: should this interface appear on the
 controller node , on the compute node or on both nodes?

 What do I have to do to set it up properly since it doesn't appear on
 any of them??

 I have found this bug for CentOS 6.4 and I am not sure that has been
 corrected for 6.5.

 Could someone help me a bit with this??

 Best,

 G.