[Openstack] Neutron ML2 questions

Li, Chen chen.li at intel.com
Fri Dec 27 01:41:10 UTC 2013

Hi list,

I just read the presentation slides showcased in the Openstack Hongkong summit, on "Openstack Neutron Modular Layer 2 Plugin Deep Dive".
http://fr.slideshare.net/mestery/modular-layer-2-in-openstack-neutron

I have some questions, hope someone can help me.

Q1. P7 : there is a new feature "top of Rack switch control", what is a rack switch means ? Why ML2 can do top control of it ?

Q2. P11: It said "Allows multiple mechanism drivers to access same network simultaneously", do we have some examples to explain this ?

Q3. P13, what steps should I do to achieve this kind of network ? Any guide we have ?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.
-chen