[Openstack] Openstack achieve the elasticity for computation

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Dec 23 21:06:48 UTC 2013

There are much bigger differences for why u should not over-provision
memory vs over-provision cpu.

But agreed in general you shouldn't use swap either.

There are many threads around how the OOM killer will get involved and why
you should avoid this...

- http://marc.info/?l=kvm&m=127375381631230&w=2
- http://www.spinics.net/lists/kvm/msg84799.html
- ...