[Openstack] Object storage only - Swift or Ceph ?

Kuo Hugo tonytkdk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 18:19:14 UTC 2013

Hi Cedric,

As John said, you should try both to find which is the best choice for you.
I'm not gonna to tell you which is the best choice for you. It depends on
your use cases. I think the following evaluation items is a good beginning.

* How many concurrency users ?
* Do you have existing authentication method ?
* How's the average object size ?
* Do you need more than one swift-proxy or Ceph RadosGW ?
* What's the expected singe file transfer speed ?
* How's the C/P of these two solutions with same HW ?
* How's the time costs to maintain / deploy / troubleshooting ?
* Any special needs

Hope it help
Hugo