[Openstack] Unable to login to the VM instance

Andriy Yurchuk ayurchuk at minuteware.net
Sat Dec 21 18:49:08 UTC 2013

Aashish,

First make sure the username is cirrus, not cerros (I'm sure it was just your typo in the initial email).
Second, make sure all the characters you type in VNC console are actually passed to the instance screen. With devstack I had an issue when in the VNC console I could not type ":" (colon) - for some reason it was not correctly passed to the instance screen (to check you can type the password in login prompt).
To login to the instance via SSH you first need to assign a floating IP to it.

---
Regards,
Andriy Yurchuk