[Openstack] [neutron] Packet Forwarding

Abbass MAROUNI abbass.marouni at virtualscale.fr
Fri Dec 20 11:37:17 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my own router (Linux VM with iptables) to use. I'm
using the following topology :

Internet ---- public-network ----  OpenStack-Router ----
Private-OpenStack-Network ---- Dedicated-Router (linux VM) ----
Private-OpenStack-Network-2 ---- Private-Instances

[image: Images intégrées 1]

My 'Private-instances' use the Dedicated-Router as their gateway.
For some reason a ping (or other) request; from a private instance; can
reach the internet but the response stops at the Dedicated-Router's
interface in 'Private-OpenStack-Network-2'.

I cannot get this topology to work. I'm pretty sure about my iptables rules
in the 'Dedicated-Router'.

Did anyone try this setup ? Any clues as to why it might not work ?

For info : OpenStack Havanna, 3 compute-nodes with GRE tunneling.

Best Regards,