[Openstack] [neutron] ML2 configuration with Neutron Security Group API

Emilien Macchi emilien.macchi at enovance.com
Thu Dec 19 14:55:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm currently investigating on a bug with Neutron ML2 configuration in
stable/havana:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-neutron/+bug/1262678

Using ML2 + OVS driver + Neutron Security Group API in Nova, it seems that the only one way to have the API working is to set :
[securitygroup]
firewall_driver = neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver
in ml2_conf.ini configuration file which is not that we can see in
default configuration files.

Could anyone confirm me that's behaviour is expected by Neutron developers ?
If yes, I will update OpenStack manuals, puppet-neutron and default
configuration files in Neutron.

Thank you,

--
Emilien Macchi