[Openstack] vm instances could not get ip address from dhcp agent

Yuling_C at DELL.com Yuling_C at DELL.com
Wed Dec 18 05:37:23 UTC 2013

B.T.W, I just noticed that 'brctl show' command does not show any attached interface on this test bed. Could this be the root cause?
# brctl show
virbr0          8000.525400046ff3       yes             virbr0-nic

Also, I saw error message as '2013-12-17 21:33:47.586 32628 ERROR nova.virt.libvirt.driver [-] Getting disk size of foreman: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/libvirt/images/foreman.img''.

Any clue?

Thanks,

YuLing
From: C, Yuling
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:47 PM
To: openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: vm instances could not get ip address from dhcp agent

Hi All,

I have an openstack installation environment of two nodes. One node contains Controller, Network, Nova, Glance, Keystone, Client, and Cinder. The other node is just a nova_compute node.   Everything worked very well before. Suddenly we hit the issue that vm instances could not get ip addresses from dhcp agent.  I looked into dhcp-agent.log, but didn't find much useful information. Just wondering if someone could shed some light on this issue.

The behavior is that even the VMs created on node1, which contains Controller, Network, Nova, Glance, keystone, Client and Cinder could not get the IP from dhcp agent. When I use tcpdump -i br-ehter1, or tcpdump -i < physical Ethernet port id>, I was able to see the DHCP requests, but no reply from dhcp agent.

Any idea?

Thanks,

YuLing