[Openstack] [Heat] Ceilometer with Multi-Node

Jon Kon jonkon80 at gmx.de
Tue Dec 17 18:15:29 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I want to autoscale with ceilometer and heat in devstack. The Single-Node-Configuration works. But now I want to configure for Multi-Node.

Here is the localrc of the controller-node:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8006733

And here is the localrc of the compute-node:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8006723

At the Hypervisor-tab in horizon I can see both servers. With the "ceilometer statistics -m cpu_util -p 30" I am getting only the values of the VM at the controller-node, I guess. I tried it with different "DesiredCapacity" (3,5,7) in my template and saw, that in the "count"-column the value is everytime the same as the amount of used Virtual CPUs at the controller-node.
Furthermore did the scaling not work. I used the cpu_util-metric and stress-program at the VMs. The initial capacity were created, but the scaling did not work. Probably the two problems stick together, don't they? :)

Here is the template:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8009540

Did I forget a service to enable at the compute-node? I used the devstack-multinode-guide from devstack.org and the manual of openstack (install the orchestration/telemetry service).

Many thanks in advance!

Johnny