[Openstack] disassociation of floating IPs from instance remove them from tenant

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 02:38:33 UTC 2013

On 16.12.2013 19:54, Rick Jones wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 06:35 AM, George Shuklin wrote:
>> Goog day.
>>
>> Havanna, nova(kvm) + neutron(OVS).
>>
>> When user disassociate floating IP from instance, it (floating IP)
>> disappear from tenant (and no longer available for allocation without
>> administrator intervention). Is that normal behaviour or this is  a bug?
>
> If all you have done is disassociate the floating IP from the instance
> (port), and it no longer appears in the output of neutron
> floatingip-list for that tenant, that is IMO a bug.
>
> rick jones

I play around and found difference in behaviour of two different places
of horizon:

instances -> More -> Disassociate Floating IP will disassociate and
release IP from tenant.
Access & Security -> Floating IPs, Disassociate just disassociate (and
release will release).

I'll file a bug against horizon. Thank you.