[Openstack] Bringing focus to the Operators and Users at the next summit

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Dec 16 20:21:40 UTC 2013

moving the discussion to the General list. The original message
partially quoted below is on
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/community/2013-December/000674.html

On 12/15/2013 08:09 AM, John Dickinson wrote:
> When considering any OpenStack project in production system, many
> factors must be considered. These are the sort of questions that
> come up every day as part of a sales process (even if that sales
> process is simply convincing other internal people to use
> something).

Indeed, your comment confirms that one way to close the loop is to
establish a formal forum for product and project managers to talk and
bring to the OpenStack developer their expertise. I think that product
managers should be able to speak more fluently in terms that developers
can understand and these conversations lead to improvements faster.
Thoughts?

/stef