[Openstack] [cinder] weird cinder issue

Xu (Simon) Chen xchenum at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 16:55:04 UTC 2013

This seems to be a weird bug..

The root cause is that one of the compute nodes has a misconfigured ceph
client secret. So what happened is that when a VM is scheduled to that
node, it would error out because the secret uuid can't be found.
Nova-scheduler then tries to reschedule the VM to another host, but
apparently the volume was deleted before the second host can start the VM.

-Simon