[Openstack] [Keystone] Keystone performance work

Tristan De Cacqueray tristan.cacqueray at enovance.com
Mon Dec 16 16:21:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:41:15 -0500
ayoung at redhat.com (Adam Young) wrote:

> Sounds good for a start.
>
> There is a lot in Devstack that should help as far as documenting how
> to set up LDAP etc.
>
> Can you indicate which is going to be your first effort?  We
> (Keystone team) can provide some guidance on how to best hammer on it.

Hello!

So I have started the UUID vs PKI and SQL vs LDAP comparison into one
benchmark using Devstack. I mostly focus on the time it takes to
validate token in those four scenarios, though I measure the time it
takes to create users and generate tokens as well.

I edited the wiki page to document this test, including the scripts
being used. Maybe those should be removed as the page grows...
The results should be ready in a couple of hours.

Feedback are most welcome, and feel free to use/improve the code I
pasted!

Cheers,
Tristan.